Before you decide to take CBD, you should always consult with your primary care physician first to ensure that this cannabinoid is right for you. Though pure Hemp is gentle and totally non-intoxicating, you should err on the side of caution and guarantee that what you’re taking is going to be the best choice for your body.
To get you prepared and hopefully provide you with as much information about Hemp as possible, we’ve listed five questions you should ask your doctor before indulging in this plant-based chemical compound.
Just tap a link to jump to a question.
- Will Hemp interact with my other medications/supplements?
- Does Hemp have any negative side effects?
- What can Hemp help me with?
- What dosage do you recommend me taking?
- What kind of Hemp product is optimal for me?
1. “Will Hemp interact with my other medications/supplements?”
If you’re currently on other medications or are regularly taking alternative health supplements, it is always imperative to ask your doctor about the interactions between these substances. Likely, you will be safe to enjoy the two side-by-side, but every medication and every person is different. Nobody knows your body like you and your physician, so make sure to inquire about potential interactions or side effects. If they don’t think it’s a good idea, they will surely let you know.
2. “Does Hemp have any negative side effects?”
Just as you’d ask about any potential negative side effects from your medications, you should ask about the side effects of CBD. Again, every person is different, and your doctor likely knows how your body reacts to certain treatments and substances. Here is where they’ll help you understand the ways that Hemp may make you feel, and how to potentially avoid these effects through proper dosage. It’s smart to be familiar with how something may make you react, especially something that’s new to you.
3. “What can Hemp help me with?”
Your doctor is a great person to discuss CBD’s potential benefits with. More than likely, they will be familiar with how Hemp works within the body, helping you understand specialized benefits that may appeal to you more than others. Asking how Hemp could be helpful for you specifically, is the key to being comfortable and knowledgeable about your future Hemp experiences. With their answers, you’ll get a great indication as to what the benefits may be for you.
4. “What dosage do you recommend me taking?”
are completely different for each person. Dosages often depend on various biological factors on top of things like tolerance, so your physician can help factor in your height, weight, and health to help you determine what a good starting dose will be. However, you won’t know just how effective it is until you try it; if it’s not enough, inquire with your doctor about upping the dose just a bit and see what they think.
5. “What kind of Hemp product is optimal for me?”
With so many different ways of consuming CBD, choosing the right methodology can feel intimidating. So, why not ask your doctor? They can help you determine which way of taking Hemp will make you the most comfortable. They may even be able to tell you which method of ingesting Hemp would be best for you and your lifestyle.
- Sublingual Hemp - Hemp tinctures dripped and held under the tongue
- Hemp edibles - products like Hemp gummies and Hemp cookies
- Hemp vape - heating a Hemp concentrate through the use of a battery and inhaling the vapor
- Hemp topicals - a lotion, bath bomb, or some moisturizer infused with Hemp that is applied to the skin
To make it easier, you should have a few different options in mind, and talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of each to see what they have to say.
Regardless, all things health and wellness will be considered, and by the end of your appointment, you’ll be more than ready to try some Hemp for yourself.